Image Map

Sunday, January 11, 2015

"Who is she? She said what? What is she thinking?"

Image Source
Hey Y'all! I know many of you may be looking like Who is she? Well, she is I and I is she and Krystal is who I be! I was born and raised in the ghetto of Mississippi but I didn't let the stereotypes define me. I'm a true Southern Belle but don't get it twisted, I can turn to ghetto thug within a snap of a finger.


Growing up, I was criticized about my taste in music, TV, and even my extracurricular activities. I was too white to my friends in my neighborhood because I went to a performing arts and accelerated education school. My neighbor friends would judge me be cause I went to the school who painted their faces during spirit week and I listened to people like Nickleback, The Gorillaz, and N'sync. My school friends judged me because I could relate to The Wire and that I knew people who went to jail or who were murdered. 

Image Source
I grew up in church so I get so much ridicule for my Sailor Tongue and outspokenness. I say fuck more than a baby cries and I don't know why its such a big deal. I must admit if you knew me a few years ago, me saying fuck would have been the least of your worries. I mean look, its just a word are you going to die because of what I say or my opinion.

Image Source
Do you think that a Woman of God speaks the way you do? Do you think a Woman of God drinks the way you do? Do you think you'll get a husband with your ways?

Ummm, yes I do so just shut the fuck up, youre getting on my nerves.

Image Source
In my early 20s, I was so concerned with fitting in and trying to please everyone else that I lost touch of who I really was. I went through a state of depression trying to make my family proud and to be accepted by people who I thought were my friends. I was forced into an engagement I was ready for leading to a break up with the love of my life.

Image Source
Now that I am older, I have been in a constant struggle to be myself; the woman I am proud of regardless to what anyone else thinks. I am grown to not care what others think of me because in the end only God can judge me. So are you ready? Ready to get a look into my life and what makes me unique. I hope so because you're here. Just know that I'm a work in progress and Creatively Dysfunctional is your eyes into who I really am.



The TGIF Blog & Instagram Hop